Valentine’s Day is a wonderful time to share love and flowers to the special people in your life. However, this one day comes with a cost to the environment when it comes to the gift of giving.
Each year people head to the shops and florists looking to buy their beloved a bouquet. But how many people consider the potential impact thousands of people buying fresh flowers could have on the environment?
And what if we told you there are better alternatives…
- Orchids come in an assortment of different colours.
- They can last over 3 weeks when potted in a plant pot.
- They like bright light but not direct sunlight. Good humidity and circulation of air. Perfect for keeping in the home.
- Versatile flowers that can be kept both indoors and outdoors.
- They come in white, soft pink and dark pink. Romantic colours for Valentine’s Day.
- Give them to your loved ones on Valentine’s Day and watch them last all the way until late spring.
Indoor Rose Bush
- Available at any time of year when potted in a plant.
- Even after Valentine’s Day, they’re a great gift for other special occasions.
- One small bush can produce a dozen or more blooms that last for weeks.
- Only need to be watered once a week.
- They come in over 100 varieties, colours include red, pink, yellow and white.
- These flowers are very long lasting!
- Tropical plants that constantly bloom throughout the year.
- Come in shades of lavender and blue. A little more unique than most flowers will be.