August Harvesting – “The Month of Plenty”
This isn’t all you can harvest in August, this is just some popular crops that most people may have grown. Here is a quick guide on how to make the most of these August harvests.
- Peas: Peas are best when they’re picked young and tender.
- Cabbages: As soon as cabbage heads are solid and dense, they are ready for harvesting.
- Cucumbers: Be cautious of overripening cucumbers still on the plant, they can potentially delay the production of new fruit.
- Chillies/Peppers: As many things go, the riper a pepper is, the sweeter it becomes. When it comes to Chillies, this applies to the spice/heat, so be aware!
- Sweetcorn: Be prepared to harvest your sweetcorn once they silks turn brown!